[Rhodes22-list] Spam filtering?

David Bradley dwbrad at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 10:53:08 EST 2005

I switched to Google Mail (gmail.com) and have found thier spam blocker to
be great.  It's a beta test for Google, so you need to be "invited," which I
can do if anyone is interested (off list - dwbrad at gmail.com).  They provide
a search-like mail archival capability, which takes some getting used to.

I think you can also use their spam blocker if you put a Google search box
on your browser masthead (can be done on the Google home page).

Dave Bradley

On 12/26/05, Jim Connolly <jbconnolly at comcast.net> wrote:

> I use Outlook 2003 with no add-on spam filters.  I have two email
> addresses
> that I personally use, one of which is a minor variant of my "regular"
> email
> address.  The variant is the one that I provide when I must to online
> retailers, etc. so that is the one that (historically) gets more spam.  I
> set up a rule to route all mail sent to that address automatically to the
> junk mail folder.
>
> Lately I have been getting increasing amounts of spam on the primary
> email.
> Much if not all of it is duplicated (same irritating mix of unrelated word
> subject lines) on the other email.  I would think that a rule that would
> compare incoming mail and route *all* mail with duplicate subject lines to
> junk mail on two email addresses would be good, but Outlook doesn't seem
> allow that.
>
> Anybody know how to do this?  I have also been considering
> add-ons.  Someone
> recommended spambayes.  Anybody have any experience with this or have a
> better suggestion.
>
> BTS:  even if it is superior, I need to stick with Microsoft and outlook
> for
> work reasons.
>
> Hope you all had or are still having a happy holiday season.
>
> Jim Connolly

David Bradley
203.253.9973
dwbrad at gmail.com