[Rhodes22-list] boom questions

Michael Meltzer mjm at michaelmeltzer.com
Wed Dec 28 08:49:37 EST 2005

Forgetabotit, you are going to get some one(like your self) hit up side
the head and it going to be a bloody mess, far worst than the boom
itself. Also they do not install at boom end but very close to the cabin
entrance. But again do not do it........

The boat likes to jib so it not a rigging issue, I suspect "trying to be
kind here" that you find you do not need the brake because the boat will
sailing better after you "talk" about the problems on the list, I.e.
what is happening that you think a brake is needed(sailset, are you
overpowered?, course, winds, seas, why the sail moving, boom height,
order of operating in your tacks, etc...)