[Rhodes22-list] I am looking for a bit of information, and hopefully a manual for a 1986 Rhodes 22' I recently purchased.

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Thu Dec 29 21:20:10 EST 2005

Bob,

They weigh different amounts.  Newer boats are heavier than older.  IMF
heavier than standard masts.  Heads and batteries add weight.  4 stroke
engines heavier than 2 strokes.  Anchors and chain can add a lot of
weight.  Bar-B-Ques.  Full waste and water tanks. How many fuel tanks.  etc.

To be on the safe side most people figure 3500-4000 lbs. for the trailer
capacity.

Then there's the center of gravity issue.  A properly made R-22 trailer
will ride behind your tow vehicle as effortlessly as a little red
wagon.  Some people spend a whole lot of time shifting the weight around
on their trailers to get the boat into a very small sweet spot where it
won't fishtail.  Others are able to sail their boats onto their trailers
and drive off.

Others on the list have far more experience with this.  I just buy mine
from Stan.  He's got plenty of used.  How much do you figure it will
cost to build your trailer?  How long do you figure it will take?

Bill Effros