[Rhodes22-list] Radio antenna

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Thu Feb 10 06:58:59 EST 2005

Russ, Will,
I like the base loaded VHF antenna's from either Metz or Shakespeare. The
base loaded units are compact, easy to install and come with their own mounting
bracket. Once you have the wire run to wherever you decide to mount the VHF,
it  is very easy to use a splitter and install a converter for the FM part of
your  radio. I have this setup on RumRunner and it has been goof proof now for
many  years. The VHF does not interfere with the FM and vise versa.
Some of the newer VHF units give you the option of mounting the radio at  the
NAV station and then use a hand held repeater which transmits from the unit
inside. I can punch out 12 miles without any problems.

Rummy