[Rhodes22-list] Kiev, Ukraine Flights

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 14 08:21:18 EST 2005

Ed,

I've been all over Europe but quit flying
international before we started service to Moscow and
points east (I know we have it because I've seen Tom
Hanks there in Castaway).  Anyway, a quick search on
orbitz.com revealed its about 10 hours to Moscow and
another 1-1/2 to Kiev.  Depending on the carrier and
what point in Europe you use for a connection, the
total travel time varies from 12 to 20 hours with
about 11 hours airborne.  According to my trusty $6000
per year union provided pocket calender, Kiev is GMT
+2 so that would make it seven hours ahead of your
time.  I was really suprised at how low the fares
were.  But then again perhaps not, the passenger
airlines sell their seats below cost and then wonder
why they can't make a profit.

Brad