[Rhodes22-list] Problems removing cap of centerboard trunk

cjlowe cjlowe at bright.net
Mon Jan 3 22:39:07 EST 2005

Luis,
When I removed my CB last year, It was held on by about 35 ss sheet metal
screws and 6,   1/4" by 1  1/4" bolts  at stress points.After  I removed all
the fasteners, I took a putty knife and slid it between the CB cover and the
gasket and worked it the whole way around the cover to separate the gasket
from the cover. It still would only come up about 2",I had to take a knife
and cut the CB pendent (line) to get it off. Petrified marine growth
wouldn't let the line go around the blocks.

Jerry Lowe