[Rhodes22-list] Problems removing cap of centerboard trunk

Lou Rosenberg steadilsr at verizon.net
Mon Jan 3 20:47:51 EST 2005

Luis,
  As I have recently done this operation I will offer my experience.
  My cap is held on with through bolts going through the cap and flange.
There are nuts with washers underneath the flange which will turn when
you turn the  bolts.  I would run my hand under the flange as flush
with the fibreglass as possible and you should feel the bolts.   I used
a 7/16 open end wrench to hold the nut while I used my varispeed drill
in reverse with  phillips bit,  It took a few hours to get all 45 or so
out.
Be very carefull removing the pendant pipe which leads to the top of
the cap.
  good luck
  Lou