[Rhodes22-list] Boat Show Questions & replies

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Fri Jan 7 11:39:46 EST 2005

Mary Lou Troy wrote:
> Don't know anything first hand about boat shows in Boston or Maine but I've
> heard that the Maine Boatbuilders show
>   http://www.portlandcompany.com/bshow.html
> is good and different from other boat shows as it is more geared toward the
> professional marine industries - at least that was the word on it a few
> years back.
------------------------------------

I can vouch for the quality of the boats shown.
As one might expect from a show in Maine, there
is an emphasis on the lobster boat style, and
Hinkley knock-offs.

But Maine boatyards turn out some beautiful work,
and wandering around in Portland's Old Port has
some flavor in common with Annapolis - without
Canoe U, of course.  It's a working port - container
ships, oil tankers, ferry boats, and fishing boats
are moored side-by-side with tall ships and yachts
of all sizes and types.

Y'all come down east, now.

--
Robert Skinner
"Squirrel Haven", 9 Gateway Commons, Gorham, Maine 04038-1331