[Rhodes22-list] Navigation

rjquinn at bellsouth.net rjquinn at bellsouth.net
Tue Jan 18 16:13:16 EST 2005

For best results, we recommend ASA (American Sailing Association) Course 106.  You can either self study or take through an ASA certified facility.  There is also a navigational sailing fundamentals book or two out there.  You should always have a back up.  If you use GPS for example, be prepared to run your course using basic navigational skills such as those you can learn through ASA 106.

I believe that you will pretty much be on a line of sight (can see landmarks) for the sailing venue you are talking about whereby you can use a handheld compass to keep track of your route; however, you should always have a fall back.

Bob and Kathy on the "NoKaOi"