[Rhodes22-list] New Nuclear Energy Ideas

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Tue Jan 18 20:26:03 EST 2005

Paul, Rummy,
	Before someone more knowledgeable than me points out that this
concept has been around for at least 30 or 40 years.  Another version has
been around even longer, it is called a 'perpetual motion machine'.  These
were for sale before the Brooklyn Bridge.
	I recall that there was a study of fusion to take place in Texas.
It was a Lyndon Johnson pet project.  It required a centrifuge several miles
in diameter.  I believe the federal government acquired the land and was
digging its tunnels when the powers that be decided not to spend the several
hundred billion to finish the project.
	Guys, check your history books on this one.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum:  "The 1980's demonstrated that inaccuracy was not permitted in the
corporate world, but lying was totally acceptable." John M. Capozzi, Why
Climb the Corporate Ladder When You Can Take the Elevator.