[Rhodes22-list] GPS's

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Wed Jan 19 18:39:10 EST 2005

Everybody is praising Garmin GPS's.  Keep in mind that the Magellan Meridian
is quite good.  Magellan was a starting player and was passed by Garmin in
terms of price and ease of use.  Magellan had to catch up and with their
Meridian line probably should seriously be considered.  I have the Meridian
Color.  It is very accurate, reliable and easy to download to the laptop.
Its Map program is o.k., but you can add detailed topo and marine maps to
its memory, and the detail is very good.  I have an older Garmin and its
lock on and accuracy just are not the same.  I considered the Map 76, but
after studying both units went with the Magellan Meridian.

Just offering another model's point of view.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
See why the captain lost his job, attachment.