[Rhodes22-list] Topping lift

Mark Kaynor mark at kaynor.org
Thu Jan 20 12:36:57 EST 2005

Rob,

Yes, it's definitely adjustable. Generally, we leave it slack and allow the
main to support the boom when you're sailing, then before we furl the main,
we adjust it to the desired height (we generally keep ours above standing
head height to help prevent accidents). In light air you can also use the
topping lift to ease the leech. Here's a pretty good article on main trim:
http://www.uksailmakers.com/encyclopedia/encyclopedia5a.html

Mark