[Rhodes22-list] Topping lift

Steve Alm salm at mn.rr.com
Fri Jan 21 01:47:47 EST 2005

Robert,

That's an intriguing idea--using the topping lift/boom to hoist an injured
person or cargo.  My topping lift attaches to the boom at the tang, goes up
through the sheave at the masthead and down through a small block just aft
of the port aft lower shroud chain plate, then back through a cam cleat on
the cabin roof and led into the cockpit.  It's a 1/4" line.  As such, it
wouldn't hold much weight--especially the little block at the chain plate
would be the first to go.

But I like your idea.  Have you beefed yours up?  Is yours rigged
differently?    I don't know what a "billy" is.

Slim