[Rhodes22-list] To Bryan: Warning Freezing Rain

Roger Pihlaja cen09402 at centurytel.net
Fri Jan 28 12:40:48 EST 2005

Hi Bryan,

I just watched the national weather forecast on the Weather Channel.  For Saturday, they are forecasting freezing rain for a large portion of your route down I-75, starting from about the Ohio/Kentucky state line down to a little south of Atlanta, GA.  On Sunday, the weather forecast looks a lot better all the way to Florida.  If I were driving, I would consider getting a late start on Saturday; drive only as far south as the weather permitted, perhaps Cincinnati, OH; stop for the night; & continue on Sunday morning under better conditions.  Driving in freezing rain with a heavy trailer absolutely scares the heck out of me!  I've never had to do it with my Rhodes 22 in tow; but, I've driven many miles towing a big tandem axle Boy Scout troop trailer in freezing rain.  Take my word for it, it's no fun.

Be careful & good luck!

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium