[Rhodes22-list] Day10

Wally Buck tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 3 11:53:24 EDT 2005

Day 10 Sunday
We awoke to blue skies but the wind was still from the NE. The ICW from
Charlestown to Georgetown is pretty nice but once you get North of Winyah
Bay things change a little. First the water is black! I don’t know the cause
but it looked rather nasty. The ICW narrows and traffic picks up. As you
approach Myrtle Beach the ICW is filled with crazy jet skiers, cigarette
boats, fishing boats, ski boats, and so on. I did not like this part of the
ICW. We spent the night at a Marina just North of Myrtle and south of Little
River Inlet. After hot showers we enjoyed dinner in the marina restaurant.
We encountered a couple of bastule bridges and swing bridges. On the ICW
North of Charleston we had 4 dolphins riding our bow wake for a few minutes.
One dolphin swam parallel to us right next to the cockpit. He surfaced every
two or three minutes and kept right next to us for about 10 minutes.