[Rhodes22-list] thank you and picture request

Gardner, Douglas (LNG-DAY) douglas.gardner at lexisnexis.com
Tue Jul 12 14:30:15 EDT 2005

Alan,

  Also, there is at least one other R22 on Grand Lake St. Marys.  It is a
newer boat (late '90s). The owner is a very nice gentleman who is no longer
on the list.  I'm sure he'd be happy to talk to you.  If you're interested,
let me know backchannel and I can contact him.

As Rob points out, you can pretty much start over.  There are several
options open to you!
1. You could rebuild the cabin to the original or current design.
2. You could modify it.  For example, one Rhodie had Stan rebuild a cabin
with a second settee instead of the galley.
3. You could gut it and use it for racing.  Apparently there is another
fellow who did this.  Removed of its extra weight, the basic design of the
R22 is a competitive racer.  Phil Rhodes did his work well.

Good luck!  Take lots of pictures at all stages of your restoration, so that
others can benefit from what you learn!

--Doug
s/v Fretnaught