[Rhodes22-list] rhodes22.com updates.

Jay Friedland jsail1 at verizon.net
Mon Jul 25 11:20:34 EDT 2005

Ed-
First of all, the health or viability of a company can be based on
tradition as always being in this show from the early Atlantic City.
People expect General Boats to be there and most visitors asked if
Stan/GBI were still in business or why the didn't attend. In fact, at
the "Seaward" booth there was obviously more Rhodies gathered than new
Seaward lookers, although the latter is growing.

Stan doesn't even have to show up as there have always been set-up and
break down labor available for almost free (veteran Rhodies), and
always volunteers to man the booth while Elton works the Seaward.
Within 2 months of the Feb. venue we typically have demo sails one hour
away, available for those who would rather not travel to NC. Other than
the Chesapeake, this area has what I believe is the highest
concentration of R22's with much more potential to grow as the boat's
reputation grows.

The upside is great, downside for Stan minimal.
Jay