[Rhodes22-list] jokes

michael meltzer mjm at michaelmeltzer.com
Wed Jul 27 23:52:07 EDT 2005

A man called home to his wife and said, "Honey I have been asked to go
fishing up in Canada with my boss and several of his friends. We'll be gone
for a week. This is a good opportunity for me to get that promotion I've
been wanting, so could you please pack enough clothes for a week and set out
my rod and fishing box? We're leaving from the office and I will swing by
the house to pick my things up,"

"Oh! Please pack my new blue silk pajamas."

The wife thinks this sounds a bit "fishy" but being the good wife she is,
did exactly what her husband asked.

The following weekend he came home a little tired but otherwise looking
good. The wife welcomed him home and asked if he caught many fish?

He said, "Yes! Lots of salmon, some bluegill, and a few swordfish. But why
didn't you pack my new blue silk pajamas like I asked you to do?"

You'll love the answer...

The wife replied, "I did. They're in your fishing box..."

 - from Paul Perrotti

--
Two tall trees, a birch and a beech, are growing in the woods. A small tree
begins to grow between them, and the beech says to the birch, "Is that a son

The birch says he cannot tell.

Just then a woodpecker lands on the sapling.

The birch says, "Woodpecker, you are a tree expert. Can you tell if that is
a son of a beech or a son of a birch?"

The woodpecker takes a taste of the small tree. He replies, "It is neither a
son of a beech nor a son of a birch. It is, however, the best piece of ash I
have ever put my pecker in."

 - from Rob Brucato