[Rhodes22-list] Weather & Other Useful Diversions - Joke

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 2 05:41:24 EDT 2005

For what it's worth, the weather was crappy here
yesterday, ditto today.  So, I wisely invested my time
at the Memphis Center for Peace and Prosperity & Other
Important Things instead of going to the lake.  My
friend the quarterback couldn't make it so I was the
lone voice of reason amongst the sharks.  However, two
of my favorite regulars did make it, the former chair
of the theatre department at U of M (and the first to
produce "Hair" out of NYC, a real controversy in
Memphis) and a local actor that has had small parts in
about 30 movies.  The actor is currently producing a
play about an Irishman who decides to commit suicide
and forgoes the shotgun for drinking himself to death.
 Someone made the motion that since no one at the bar,
er, I mean Center, was particularly interested in
Peace or Prosperity that day, we tell all the Irish
drinking jokes we coud think of.  Here's the winner.

--------------------------------------

Sean is walking down the beach and picks-up an unusual
looking bottle and uncorks it.

A genie pops out and offers Sean two wishes.

Sean thinks for a moment and says "I want a
bottomless glass of Guiness".  Poof!  He instantly is
holding a pint of Guiness and drinks heartily for
several hours.

The genie finally gets frustrated and asks, "don't you
want your other wish?"

"Yeah, I'll have another one of these!"