[Rhodes22-list] eBay scam

Gregg J. MacMillan gjm at macgra.com
Thu Jun 2 21:17:15 EDT 2005

>Why isn't E Bay shutting these assholes down?
>
>Rummy.....inquiring minds want to know.

+++++

eBay does shut them down when they are reported. The problem is they
just open a new Yahoo email account, signup with eBay again, and they
are back in business.

Also, since almost all of these people are from out of the country,
it's hard to do anything about it.

Often, they don't even go thru eBay. They browse eBay for items like
boats for sale, then contact you directly if they can get your email
address. I have mine in the description because I don't mind if
legitimate buyers contact me that way.

They also get on mail lists (like this one with names like felix fig
with a Yahoo account) and "listen" for boats for sale.

--Gregg