[Rhodes22-list] eBay scam

raz razsail at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 23:00:36 EDT 2005

This scamming is not limited to eBay.  I had a Mud Hen 17 I posted on
a very niche web site in FL, and ultimately sold it, but along the way
I had a series of exchanges with a 'buyer' in the UK who wanted to pay
me and then have me ship it to him.  Here's his email:
Business is all about trust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Inbox
 Adams campell
to me
 More options	  May 27 (6 days ago)
HI Raz,
Thanks for your response..A client of mine is owing me some amount of
money and when i discuss with him that I was surfing the net when I
came across a boat and I have interest in purchasing it and he told me
that he will do the payment for me.Kindly do me this favour
immediately you receive the cheque $8,000 deduct your own parts and
send the excess $4,000 to the shipping company that will be coming for
the pick up of the boat.Do send me the following information for my
client to be able to prepare you the cheque without any further delay
FULLNAME.............................
CONTACT ADDRESS...................
STATE.......
POST CODE........
CONTACT PHONE NUMBER...........
Thanks,
Hope to hear from you soon.
You're Blessed
Campell.

(I was especially blessed b/c I passed on this opportunity!)