[Rhodes22-list] Favorite cruising areas

William E. Wickman wewickman at duke-energy.com
Fri Jun 10 09:23:29 EDT 2005

Ed K:
Nice list of websites.  I may just come on down to Lake Hartwell sometime.
It's not that far away from East Tennessee, and looks like some nice
cruising area with open water.

Joseph:
I would add www.ncsail.org to your list of sites.  This is a site of North
Carolina trailer sailors.  Lurk the bulletin board for information or post
a question there.  They are a very friendly bunch.

Bill W.

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |           "ed kroposki"          |
|         |           <ekroposki at charter.net>|
|         |           Sent by:               |
|         |           rhodes22-list-bounces at r|
|         |           hodes22.org            |
|         |                                  |
|         |                                  |
|         |           06/09/2005 06:53 PM    |
|         |           Please respond to The  |
|         |           Rhodes 22 mail list    |
|         |                                  |
|---------+---------------------------------->
  |       To:       "'The Rhodes 22 mail list'" <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org>                                                     |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  RE: [Rhodes22-list] Favorite cruising areas                                                                  |

Joseph:
             We have kept inviting other Rhodies to Lake Hartwell and have
yet to
be taken up.  Unfortunately, I do not expect to be around for the 4th of
July.  See:
http://familyoutdoors.com/pages/bigwater.htm
http://www.sas.usace.army.mil/lakes/hartwell/
http://www.portmanmarina.com/
             Then there is Wally in line for one Florida's favorite weather
phenomena.  Wally sails on the Tennessee River.  See:
http://www.tnriver.com/
             Or, consider the coast. You may have read the adventure of
Capt Bill
and the Oriental, Morehead City and Cape Lookout area.  Just a little
further up is the home to your boat, Edenton, NC.  Actually the sailing is
quite good in Stan's backyard.  The sound has lots of open water.  See:
http://www.charlestoncitymarina.com/
http://www.marina-info.com/minfo/us/realusindex.htm
http://www.edentonmarina.com/
http://www.orientalmarina.com/
I expect to be on the 6th Great Lake over the 4th.
http://sayahoy.com/index.shtml
http://www.lakechamplainpub.com/Lake_Champlain.htm

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA