[Rhodes22-list] BBQ Joints SC reply

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Fri Jun 10 15:39:51 EDT 2005

Bill:
	Rummy has the market cornered, that is on the corner, in Anderson,
SC.  He has the original 'Three Pigs'.  Hwy 76 from I-85, the Mall, and
restaurant row toward downtown.
	Pay Rummy a visit and have him take you there.  Closed Sundays and
Mondays.  Third generation running the place.  I challenge you to eat a
whole dinner plate.  That can only be done by Clemson football linemen.
	Good stuff.
	There used to be a directory of BBQ places in the south.  I was
amazed when I looked thru it and had been to some four star places.  So, I
can compare this with the best.
	Maurice's in Columbia is still good.  That is the original place
south of the city.  Piggy Park.
	Bessinger's in Charleston is passable.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Not aware of any really good places in Greenville.  Henry's is acceptable.