[Rhodes22-list] mast raising procedures

Slim salm at mn.rr.com
Sat Jun 11 04:45:17 EDT 2005

> Ah ha!  There must be many versions of this equipment.

That's exactly right, Peter, and it's the reason why Bill and I and others
have had difficulty coming up with a standardized procedure.  For ex, IIRC
Rob Lowe uses his trailer winch instead of the GB crane.  Others lower the
mast to the bow.  Your hand rail lines are something from the past although
I don't know how far back.  Fandango is a 1990 and it came with the 8"
extensions that are just a piece of aluminum with holes on each end--one for
the turnbuckle and one for the chain plate.  But I've also seen an 8" length
of chain used for the extensions.  The newer boats have a "bail" or "bale"
(?) about six feet up the mast that's used to hook a line onto the crane
instead of the shrouds.  That's better/faster still.

Slim

 Raven does not have