[Rhodes22-list] Variations on a Theme

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Thu Jun 30 11:13:28 EDT 2005

Slim,

The following sort of explains the rudder clutch.  Read from the bottom
up.  If you still don't know what I was talking about, just ask, and
I'll find or write a better explanation.

It's another one of those little Stan things that works better than
every attempt to improve on it,  provided you know how it was designed
to work in the first place.  I think Stan gets worn down over time, and
stops explaining.  BTW I also believe the Spitzer furler with the 175
jib is the best set up for the waters I sail--LIS--which is what the
R-22 was designed for.

Bill Effros