[Rhodes22-list] Variations on a Theme

James Wilson jwilson22 at prodigy.net
Sun Jun 12 02:05:19 EDT 2005

On the issue of changes made over time...

I noticed that the room allocated for a head on a 1976 Rhodes continental
appears to  be far smaller than the Swell Head currently featured in new
boats.

I assume that the galley must be a bit longer as well.

Soo,  the bulkhead must be a bit further fore on the earlier boats than on
the later ones.  Also from pics I have seen the fore and aft bulkhead that
separates the head compartment from the main cabin seems to not be full
height on the 76.

I assume to accomodate a bigger head compartment in the newer boats the
cabin bulkhead was moved aft.  I am curious as to whether any rigging
changes had to be done to accomplish this,  or any other structural changes
to accomodate bulkhead movment.

Or maybe my perception is wrong and the bulkhead was not moved...

Any clarification available?

What year was the enlarged head compartment debuted in?