[Rhodes22-list] IMF boom height adjustment

Dominic Valentino dominicvalentino at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 15 08:21:27 EDT 2005

Hello All,

I just purchased a 1986 Rhodes and was wondering how
the boom slider is moved up and down once the mast is
raised.  Am I supposed to attach a halyard to it
somehow?

The boom slider is orginal and made of some strange
white crumbly stuff and I don't see what keeps it from
sliding down.

My boat happens to be missing the pop-top slider as
well, will this affect the use of the boom at all?  I
was going to wait until next year to buy a new pop-top
slider.

Thanks,

Dominic