[Rhodes22-list] Anchors

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Tue Jun 21 17:51:43 EDT 2005

Slimmy,
I don't know of anyone who stores an anchor under the seat. If that sucker
ever got loose, you'd punch a hole through the hull under the lee seat. I keep
a  small mushroom anchor in a basket, along with the rode and a few other
miscellaneous parts, next to the gas tank in the lazzerette.
I keep the anchor rode in a basket under the port seat. It rarely comes out
by accident.
I have an unofficial way to tell how deep I am........I tell by the knots  in
the rode..........and they weren't put there on porpoise.
You guys have to feel for me. I woke this morning to discover that the heat
pump (A/C to all your northerners) took a dive overnight. It will be two days
before the repair guy can come out and who knows how long before it's
repaired.  92 degrees is not nice without A/C. Guess I'll just have to tough it out
and  drink more cooling liquids.

Rummy