[Rhodes22-list] Anchors

William E. Wickman wewickman at duke-energy.com
Tue Jun 21 17:59:01 EDT 2005

Slim,
I keep my anchor in a mesh bag and have not had a problem with it sliding
around.  For anchor markers, I bought the standard ones you can get at West
Marine.  They are inserted into the anchor rode every 30 feet.  Since most
of my anchoring is in fairly shallow water it would have been nice to have
a marker every 10 feet.  You could easily make your own strips of canvas
material and put them at regular intervals (like every 10 feet) and
remember to count as you let the line out.  I may do that someday if I get
motivated.

Bill W.

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |           Slim <salm at mn.rr.com>  |
|         |           Sent by:               |
|         |           rhodes22-list-bounces at r|
|         |           hodes22.org            |
|         |                                  |
|         |                                  |
|         |           06/21/2005 03:09 PM    |
|         |           Please respond to The  |
|         |           Rhodes 22 mail list    |
|         |                                  |
  |       To:       Rhodes <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org>                                                                          |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  [Rhodes22-list] Anchors                                                                                      |

For those of you who stow an anchor or two in a basket under the cockpit
seats, how do you secure it and prevent it from sliding out on a heel?

Also, do any of you mark your rode so you know how much you've let out?  If
so, what did you use?

Thanks,

Slim