[Rhodes22-list] Traveler, Slim's question

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Thu Jun 23 08:36:49 EDT 2005

Slim,
	Are you using the Wally modification?  I use Wally's single line
system, which while the slack line in the middle is awkward at times, works
better than the two-line system.  Another cleat in the opposite direction
might solve the loose line issue.  In summary though, it seems to be easier
to use.
	Rummy was not impressed with the rig.  He said that my main sail is
blown and is baggy.  Let me say that using the traveler seems to help with a
baggy main sail in light winds.  (For the sailing authorities, I have an
IMF, which is loose footed for bagginess to begin with.)
	As to the engineering question that you pose, Roger is no longer on
the list.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum:  Did rummy really hit her can in public?