[Rhodes22-list] Bud, look here

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Tue Jun 28 20:36:11 EDT 2005

Bud,
	Start with understanding that Rhodes 22's are not the most prolific
species.  Add to that, as Lou pointed out that they mingle with big money
yachts.  You have to look where they are.  Come up to South Carolina.  Rummy
claims there are six on Lake Hartwell.  I can only count five.  We have old
Rhodes Continental, several in the 80's and a couple of new boats.  We have
a very good range.  And, then we have Rummy.  He puts the boat to its
limits.  You have to ride with him on a windy day.  One ride with him and
you will understand the term 'heel'.
	You can look in southern Florida for years.  Just count all the
private docks.  Most owners are not on this list.  They just quietly sail
away.
	You want to see a Rhodes 22, then make an appointment with Rummy.
Just do not plan to drive afterward, and all he will ask of you is a bottle
of Mt. Gay Rum.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum:  "No more expensive way of going really slowly has been invented
by man than sailing." Gary Mull