[Rhodes22-list] backstay tension/traveler bar

Rik Sandberg sanderico at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 29 09:41:27 EDT 2005

Phyllis

My traveller bar had a small hole in the top of each end for a pin to go
through the traveller bar and the sockets it fit into on the aft stays.
I never had a problem with these coming out, although if you have no
pins, I would see where you might. I would drill the traveller bar and
it's sockets so you can put a retaining pin in there.

I never used a loos gauge to set my rigging. I just set it tight enough
so it would just start to make a low tone when I strummed it. This gave
me just a little slack in the lee shrouds when going to weather. This
probably wasn't the "proper" way to do this, but it worked just fine for me.

Your wire is 1/8 inch. The right loos guage would be the 3/32nds to
5/32nds version.

Rik