[Rhodes22-list] Peter Thorn and other racers

benonvelvetelvis at theskinnyonbenny.com benonvelvetelvis at theskinnyonbenny.com
Tue Mar 1 19:32:07 EST 2005

Heck Hank, it's to confuse all of the non-sailers.  Even the earliest sailers in
history knew that it would be more fun to get on the boat, get liquored up, and
make fun of the landlubbers confusion than if the names were things like "front
part" or "hypotenuse" instead of "luff" and "leech".

Bob - the close up photo of you sailing in the ski hat and goggles is priceless.
 Stan needs to get that on the GB site.  How about a heading like, "Is the Rhodes
22 that Much Fun to Sail, or Are Our Clients Crazy?"

BTW, I'm stuck behind a desk on a sunny, 13 knot, 61 degree afternoon.

Thanks,

Ben

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 14:17 , Hank <hnw555 at gmail.com> sent:

>One thing I've never understood.  If the back part of the sail is
>called the Leech, why is it called luffing when it starts to flap? or
>am I just confused?
>
>Hank
>

>On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 13:18:25 -0500, ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net> wrote:
>> Look at the pictures from Yankee Clipper and Rum Runner sailing on Sunday.
>> I have a question on sail adjustment.  Looking at the leach of the main, is
>> it correct or most efficient to have it that loose?
>>
>> Ed K
>> Greenville, SC, USA
>> Addendum:  Instructions that say low maintenance really mean impossible to
>> fix.

[rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org','','','')">rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org]
On Behalf Of Steve Alm