[Rhodes22-list] Tiller Trouble

Roger Pihlaja cen09402 at centurytel.net
Sun Mar 6 07:06:54 EST 2005

Slim,

Sure; given enough time, desire, & effort, almost anything can be salvaged.
However, after looking at your photos, it's going to require more than a few
bottles of "Git Rot".  The attached "how-to" article is taken from the
following reference:

"WEST SYSTEM tm Epoxy's Other Uses, Suggestions For Household Repair", First
Edition, 2001, (Gougeon Brothers, Inc., PO Box 908, Bay City, MI 48707),
C/N: 000-425, page 5

Since the OEM tiller is still in production and readily available from GBI,
you need to balance factors like sentimental value, pride of workmanship,
desire for self-sufficiency, lots of time available over the winter,
learning some new skills to repair vs. probably only slightly more total
cost, speed, zero royal PITA factor, need to keep Stan in business, "What
sentimental value?  It's only a tiller, get a life Steve!", I'm busy, etc to
purchase new.

You could also get yourself a brand new piece of clear ash and make yourself
a new tiller for about the same amount of time, effort, and cost as
repairing your old one.

Good Luck!

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium