[Rhodes22-list] Wally, did you go sailing yesterday?

Wally Buck tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 7 08:40:25 EST 2005

Just catching up on these threads. Yes Rummy was right I was on the lake
both days. Saturday was a wild one but I didn't miss a tack. Conditions of
extreme gusts with changing wind angles.

I double checked my backstay and jib halyard tension before leaving the
dock. I like everything tight.
My 125 is a big advantage here. I furl to about a 100 or 110. Not much of a
furl so I still get good sail shape. Upwind require inside the shroud
sheeting. If you have forward blocks use them. I don't like to lower boom
much and I didn't Saturday. I did have the main furled down. The key is to
get the out haul tight so you can flatten the sail. Make sure you use your
traveler to spill the gusts.

Sit on the rail and go for it. Watch for the gusts! Sunday was much nicer!
Saturday I really needed rail meat but I managed with out.

Wally