[Rhodes22-list] Weekend Sailing Misadventures

William E. Wickman wewickman at duke-energy.com
Mon Mar 7 10:52:52 EST 2005

Wally,
What!?!  Mid May?  Are you sure about this?  The launch ramps at Concord
Yacht Club are not useable until the water comes up.  Our big racing month
is May.

I too touched bottom yesterday.  My touchdown sounded more like a rock than
mud.  Thank goodness for Stan's swing keel and kick-up rudder.  With the
noise it made I was worried that I had damaged the rudder.  When I got back
to the dock the only thing I found was a very small chip in the rudder.
These things are really tough!

Bill W.

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |           "Wally Buck"           |
|         |           <tnrhodey at hotmail.com> |
|         |           Sent by:               |
|         |           rhodes22-list-bounces at r|
|         |           hodes22.org            |
|         |                                  |
|         |                                  |
|         |           03/07/2005 08:31 AM    |
|         |           Please respond to The  |
|         |           Rhodes 22 mail list    |
|         |                                  |
|---------+---------------------------------->
  |       To:       rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org                                                                                   |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  RE: [Rhodes22-list] Weekend Sailing Misadventures                                                            |

Brad,

The river level is very low for this time of year. TVA has pushed back the
fill dates for the head waters of the TN one month. Typically they start
filling the river in mid April. Now it has been pushed back to mid May. The

main reason for the change was the flood in 93.

I touched bottom 4 times this weekend. I could here the CB tapping the mud
bottom. Just kept on cruising!

Wally