[Rhodes22-list] Sailing Backwards

Chris Geankoplis napoli68 at charter.net
Mon Mar 7 21:55:38 EST 2005

A word of caution on backwards sailing, something I'v done and it does work
well.  In heavy winds with a relative light boat  you can get a lot of
headway and if you flip the tiller too fast you can loose the whole rudder!
Not something you want to do in 35kn winds.  So be careful with this
maneuver!
Chris G.
Oregon