[Rhodes22-list] Repair Question

Bob Weber ruba1811 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 9 12:50:22 EST 2005

Hi all, I and doing a bottom job to Ruba and while I am at it I am going to
repair the centerboard and rudder.  There is a notch out of the leading edge
of the centerboard where it contacts the trailer and I noticed that I am
missing a corner of the bottom where it was functioning as "Depth gauge".  I
want to repair the 2 inch notch out of the leading edge for sure and
possibly just seal and reinforce the area of the "depth gauge" if not build
it back to a square corner.   I am a fibreglass rookie and would like any
advice on surface preparation, products, and application if there are any
experts out there.  Lastly I would like to get this job done this weekend
but the Wx is calling for 40 degrees with good chance of rain (humid at the
least).  How does weather effect this job?  Thanks in advance.  Bob Weber