[Rhodes22-list] Bamboo Floor

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 9 14:44:53 EST 2005

Well, it's raining here, too wet to sail, not too wet
to mop the new bamboo floor.  I first saw this product
in China about five years ago but the boss didn't buy
into the idea.  Last month she mentioned it and I
pretended I'd never heard of it, what a great idea!
Bamboo flooring is about 50% harder than oak, in
unlimited supply, and about the same price installed.
It is simply beautiful!  Today I feel like an
enlightened capitalist, compassionate conservative,
environmentally sensitive, progressive, "king of the
hill, top of the world," one sharp dude.  It would
look great on the sole of a boat if it handles
moisture as well as teak and holly.  BTW, pandas don't
eat the variety of bamboo that the floor is made out
of.  Picky little varmits!

Brad