[Rhodes22-list] Genoa size

George Carpenter geocarp3 at mchsi.com
Tue Mar 15 09:38:41 EST 2005

Following a tour of the Chicago Sailboat Show I decided to move "up" from my 2001 Precision 23 to a recycled 1991 Rhodes 22, which Stan is in the process of putting the finishing touched on as we speak. Since I sail on a reasonably large (for the area) lake in Iowa where the winds are most often moving between 10-20 it seems a 175% genoa is overkill. I used to truly enjoy racing, but have no interest in getting back into that, and I normally sail alone and speed is not a factor. I'm thinking a 150 should be fine, but would bow to your experience(s).

    George Carpenter