[Rhodes22-list] Genoa size

Ronald Lipton rlipton at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 15 11:00:16 EST 2005

I agree, the fixed 175 suffers from poor sail shape when furled.
A CDI furler with a 150 gives you the option to change sails
if necessary.  The 175 on the GBI furler is great for moderate
air days but the sail is too heavy to be effective in very light
breeses, especially if there is chop (my least favorite conditions).
I have the GBI furler and the 175 now.  At some point in the
future (I allow myself only one major upgrade per year) I will
go for the CDI furler and add a ~135 and add a luff tape to the
175.

Ron