[Rhodes22-list] Caulking Windows

Sheldon Green sheldongreen at comcast.net
Sun Mar 27 18:08:17 EST 2005

As I am about to "caulk" the windows to (hopefully) address our "leak
problem"...

What is the recommended approach?  Someone in the West Marine Store
suggested that I might wish to "pull" the windows, caulk, and re-install the
windows.   I believe that the windows are plastic, and I am concerned about
possibly breaking them when removing.

Is it necessary to remove and caulk, or can I just apply a bead of caulking
around the window frame?  Also is there a recommended caulking material?
West Marine recommended that I go with the 3M Marine Adhesive Sealant Fast
Cure 4200.

Thoughts?  And thanks in advance for your help.