[Rhodes22-list] Caulking Windows

Hank hnw555 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 20:01:10 EST 2005

I wholeheartedly agree with Anne.  In addition to Anne's comments, I
would double check the use of 4200.  If it is an adhesive anywhere as
near as strong as 5200, you don't want to use it.  When I put new
windows in my boat, I used LifeSeal (also available at West Marine).
If you go to www.beckson.com and look up the installation instructions
for their windows, you can get some good tips on prepping to reinstall
your windows.

Another helpful tip is to dry fit the window, then put tape down on
the gelcoat around the window so that the caulk squeezes out onto the
tape and is much easier to remove.

Hank