[Rhodes22-list] Generator

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Mon Mar 28 18:45:00 EST 2005

Sorry about the lambasting.  I think I was on the lambasting side of the
equation, although I think my role would better be characterized as
ridiculing.

Then I stumbled across one, and was really surprised about how quiet it was.

Sadly, I had trashed all the email in this thread, thinking it would
never apply to me.

Now I'm thinking it might be a really useful thing to carry aboard.
Your situation is just one example.  But it also might be useful as a
hybrid gas/electric propulsion system in a pinch.  We are already
carrying the gas on board, so that's no big thing.  The small generators
run on a thimbleful of gas.  The little Honda runs around $700.

As I remember, you and Wally (?) had some interesting storage and
mounting ideas.

Again, sorry about the lambasting.

Bill Effros