[Rhodes22-list] Tribute to Michael Meltzer

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Tue Mar 29 04:32:26 EST 2005

  Hi Folks,

     I have returned from Ukraine.  It is one story after another.  I am
still functioning on Ternopil time.

     One of the most outstanding facts of my trip needs my mention, tribute,
and praise of Michael Meltzer.  What you say?  In western Ukraine, internet
function was taking me back to the mid 1980's when we first went on line.
Using their DSL the best speed I obtained was 68 kbs.  More typically, it
was in the 30's.  One dramatic experience was 10 kbs.

     I worked with two good computer engineers, one at the Medical
University in Ternopil and the other at the State Nursing School in Rivne.
These guys made the best of a marginal situation.  When checking whether or
not their internet access was working they used their favorite internet
site.  The engineer in Ternopil used a local Ukrainian web site and the
engineer in Rivne used a Russian site.

     Let it be said loud and clear, I could beat them with an American Web
site, even at 30 bps.  I used www.rhodes22.org <http://www.rhodes22.org/> !

     Those two engineers knew what they were doing.  So, it must be said
that this web list, your rhodes list, must be designed and run by one hell
of a good computer engineer!  In my opinion, Michael should be recognized
and applauded for his work.  I sincerely hope that Prudential recognizes the
caliber of the computer person that they have working for them.

     Let it be said that Michael's design and work smoked the world in the
Western part of the Ukraine.

Ed Kroposki

Greenville, SC, USA