[Rhodes22-list] Keel/CB painting

Steve Alm salm at mn.rr.com
Thu May 5 03:43:45 EDT 2005

Bill,

It's not going to happen--at least not this year.  I'd have to pull the
trailer out and turn a sharp angel because the garage is close.  (see
picture and note garage and telephone pole inches from the port rail)
I think getting it out and then back under would be a royal PITA.
Remember, with duel axles, the trailer, even empty,  doesn't turn very
easily.  But maybe I'm missing something.  Is it worth the trouble?
What's your procedure?  If I could get the trailer ahead enough to
block up the aft end of the keel, would the boat still balance?
Wouldn't it still be bow-heavy?  How do you support the bow whilst
pulling the trailer out?  Do tell!

But today was finally in the 60's and I finished my bottom job, such as
it is.  The last thing I did was to put some bottom paint on the rudder
and top side paint on the rudder housing.  We also got a new tiller so
the whole thing looks pretty nice.  But I have a question:  What are
the rudder housing and the rudder itself made of?  Jeez, they're heavy!

Slim, ready to launch--maybe Sat.

On 5/4/05 5:37 PM, "Bill Effros" <bill at effros.com> wrote:

 > Yes you can.  The blocks go under the aft portion of the keel, behind
 > the slot.  I have jacked the boat high enough so that almost the whole
 > centerboard can be lowered.
 >
 > Bill Effros
 >
 > Steve Alm wrote:
 >
 >> Here you can see I've dropped my CB as much as I can to get some
paint
 >> on it.  I know it's not the entire CB but it's something anyway.  I
 >> couldn't do this if I had blocks under the keel.
 >>
 >> Slim

 >> Name: DSC00004.jpg Type: image/jpeg Size: 196184 bytes Desc: not
available
http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attch/200504/26/
DSC00004.jpg