[Rhodes22-list] Rudder pin

Mark Skapinker marks at brightspark.com
Fri May 6 19:22:04 EDT 2005

Finally, I have my Rhodes 22 back in the water in Lake Ontario. As
always, with the winters here in Toronto, Canada, I removed all the
shrink wrapping with trepidation, but everything was in great shape. A
replaced battery later, we had the mast up in no time (thanks again to
Stan's printed directions to make sure we did not forget any steps). Now
I have LOTS of cleaning up to do, scrubbing, dust removal but hopefully
the weather will be good on Sunday for some sailing as well.

One question please. I removed the rudder in the fall, and it went back
on easily. However, I am missing one large pin ( I think it is a pin).
In order to fit the rudder, there are two pins that hold the fitting
against the boat (I have those two), and then the steering mechanism
slides into a third location. That is where I am missing my part. Does
anyone know what the pin looks like that fits in there? Right now, I
slipped a bolt in to hold it but that is just to hold it in place. (I
hope I have explained myself well enough for anyone to understand which
part I am looking for - it is the large pin that holds the plate in
place that steers the boat in front of the rubber section).

Any fast help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Mark Skapinker