[Rhodes22-list] Weather on the coast.

Alex Bell alexbell at lpmonline.net
Sun May 8 14:36:33 EDT 2005

Ed,

The water level goes up when we have a N'easter. The water was a foot
deep" On the docks". We couldn't get aboard our boat at that point
except for dire emergencys. The swim platform was at eye level from the
marina building. That boat looked really huge when it got that high.  We
had about 6" of water in our shop, so we had major effort in getting
everything off the floor and up onto the sewing tables. It came up in
about an hour and went down in less time, but you have to treat it like
it's going to keep comming up.

The Outer Banks and Ocakroke had winds in the hurricane range, 100mph+
and Cherry Point had winds in the 50mph range. All that wind pushes the
water across Pamlico Sound and up the Neuse River. The weather news said
that if we were later in the season, this storm would have been assigned
a "name". We had 5 inches of rain from Thursday night through Friday night.

 Saturday was beautiful. Winds in the low teens and sunny blue skies.
Whata a change.  We had a Cinco de Mayo party at the marina and life was
good. At least what I can recall. Someone was making frozen margaritas
and I had a few ...

Alex Bell