[Rhodes22-list] Reply to Bill's Camera

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Wed May 18 09:30:05 EDT 2005

Bill:
	Now tell me that you went to Tokyo and took those pictures.  If you
were the one taking them, great demo.  However, are they the product of a
professional demonstrating the best that the camera does?
	I will be waiting for a New York City demonstration of the cameras
ability.  Especially using the stabilization feature, that boater would have
an inherent interest in seeing.
	Now I hope that Ron is not making this anticipated voyage alone.
Nevertheless, even if he is, I will ask that he will lock his tiller for a
few minutes.  Then he can take us some demonstrations pictures using both
the stabilization and telephoto.  That would permit us to see a real under
marine conditions demonstration of the camera's features.
	I am new to electronic cameras, but I think the day has come where
their capture ability has exceeded the better 35mm SLRs.  I know that just a
relatively inexpensive digital camera - under $200 - can do an acceptable
job under varying conditions.  I took over 700 pictures over in the Ukraine
with the digital that I bought just for the trip.  The result was acceptable
for the purpose.  The biggest problem I had was waiting for the capture
after the button was pressed.  Moving pictures that changed composition were
tricky.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Attachment