[Rhodes22-list] Panasonic Camera

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Wed May 18 02:39:33 EDT 2005

Ron,

I bought the Panasonic FZ1 a couple of years ago, and it's still my
favorite digital camera.  The lens is so good, the digital zoom is
useful.  The stabilization really works once you get the hang of it.

I have attached 3 pictures taken from a balcony in Tokyo that
demonstrate the power of the camera, one at normal range, one at full
optical zoom, one at full digital zoom.

I have put high speed memory into the camera (45X) which allows it to
recycle almost as fast as my Nikon SLR.

I have been seriously considering getting an FZ5.  The FZ1 has no hot
shoe, and the flash is pathetic.  How fast does your camera recycle when
you are shooting 5mp shots?  Is there a noticeable lag from one shot to
the next?

Bill Effros